Role: Product Design Internship
Experience: 0+ Years
Apply Now: https://lnkd.in/g7kprDp7
2024 Product Design Internship: India
Position Type - Intern
Location - IN-KA-Bangalore
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Uber we’re reimagining the way the world moves for the better. That means being bold in our decisions and building for something bigger. We’re seeking a hardworking and thoughtful design candidate to help define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far. All of our interns make an impact from day one. We are looking for someone who loves problem-solving and thrives on collaboration in a supportive workplace.
The team at Bangalore/Hyderabad studio critically works on global products under Rides, Merchants, Mobility,Customer Obsession and Foundations. As a Product Design Intern working with the team, your number one job would be to make mobility effortless through building magical experiences for our riders.You will work closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and UX researchers to iterate, build, and launch usable, useful and delightful frameworks. You'll engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in concepting, prototyping, ux research, service design, information design, and spec delivery. Your work will span building experiences and frameworks consumer-facing experiences for Uber’s mobility products like the micro-mobility, uber bus and core ride sharing experiences.
WHAT YOU’ll DO:
- Embed directly in one of Uber’s product teams, working on a project in close collaboration with other designers & researchers.
- Experience the feeling of designing for millions of users – and hopefully teach us something too!
- Designers at Uber live and breathe prototypes – and are always up-to-date on the latest and greatest prototyping tools. During your internship at Uber, you’ll test out your design ideas with all kinds of high-and-low fidelity prototypes. By the end of your internship, you’ll be fully versed in new tools and trends.
- Work alongside other members of a product team to get the fit and finish right. You’ll experience release cycles and learn what details matter at each stage of the product development process.
- Utilize Uber's design system while evolving the framework to tackle new use cases
- Present your work to the Design Team, and leave with valuable takeaways and portfolio pieces.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's/Master’s in Design.
- Expected graduation date- 2025
- Intermediate conversational English skills, and confidence in reading / writing. Be willing to dedicate time for further development in the English language
- Availability to start in July 2024 or sooner, for a period of 6 months
- Your growing portfolio has some standout work and at least one project that demonstrates the ability to build high-quality UI/UX. Can include academic work, hackathons, design competitions and/or publications.
Bonus points if:
- You're connected with the latest apps and design trends (on mobile, web, desktop, etc), and have ideas and opinions on how to make many of them even better.
- You might have an eye for motion, or iconography, or UX system flows, or modern UI visuals, or design engineering and prototyping, or sophisticated tool design, and more.
- A track record of shipping extraordinary design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Experience with end-to-end (UI and UX) product design
- A portfolio showing high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
We come up with creative solutions to seek sophisticated design problems—from driver onboarding flows, to how copy is crafted for the rider app, to self-driving car UX design. Our teammates have an incredible mix of design expertise across many design functions. Above all, we believe in craftsmanship, and crafting sophisticated, compelling, user centric designs.
- Competencies are defined as skills, knowledge and abilities that lead to success (4-5 total).
- Technical (hard skills)
- Interaction & information design, User Centric Design. Design Thinking, Tools for Prototyping (nice to have), Behavioral Psychology, User Research
- Non-technical (soft skills)
- Self-learner & highly motivated, Curious, Ownership and Accountability, Collaborative and open to feedback, Dedicated and hardworking, Efficient time & stakeholder management